Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Getting ready

Recently, on our ride south to Lake Okeechobee, FL a friend found that he was very low on gas and we were pretty far from the nearest gas station.  We slowed down to save gas, and he made it with out running out.  Not being very bright, I forgot that I had a syphon hose in my trailer and could have given him some of my gas.  But I didn't discover this till we were home and unpacking the trailer.  This shows how seldom we use our trailer!

I've been thinking about buying a good gas container to carry with us.  The Spyder is a thirsty beast, and there are places out west that will test the limits of our mileage.  I read on SpyderLovers.com that Chris (out friend) bought one of these:


Actually, only the red one, I believe the white if for water.  This happens to be the same container I have been considering for over a year.  Now, with our pending trip it was time to buy, so I placed an order last night.  These babies aren't cheap, but they work, or at least according to what I've read they work.

Chris has already received his and seems very pleased.  We'll carry it in our trailer, and if needed this 1.75 gallons should give us about 50 additional miles.   Should be more than enough to find gas, even in west Texas.

So, I think once this arrives, we're about as ready as we can get.  Packing will be next, and that's always an interesting experience.

m&s

2 comments: