Thursday, August 8, 2013

And if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

We are leaving the first week of September to ride our new Honda Goldwing trike to Nashville, TN to attend the "Nashville Road-Kill ride in"  This is an annual event of mostly "trikers" who gather for a few days of jawin', eat'n, and some ride'n.  I have been chatting on Trike Talk (an on-line forum devoted to folks who love and ride trikes) with several couples who are attending so this should be fun.  One guy, from Maryland, rides a Goldwing trike, and he has no legs.  How he does this remains to be seen, but he has a great outlook on life.  If you disagree with him he'll offer to leg-wrestle you to see who's right.

For those of you who aren't familiar with trikes, they are normal motorcycles, with the rear wheel removed and replaced by two wheels.  Like this:





And with us on-board:


I used to laugh at trikes thinking "they aren't real motorcycles", but boy was I wrong.  This thing is fantastic, and is probably the last bike we will ever own.  This cures all the things that were wrong with the Can-Am Spyder and should make our trips much more pleasurable.

We've had the trike for about 3 months, and I just had the oil changed and the 4K service done, so we're ready to go.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mike and Sis! We just noticed your comment (and BlogSpot page) from April! You look so good on that humongous bike. We look forward to following you.
    Theresa and Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill and Theresa, how wonderful to hear from you. I don't know how much of our previous blog you've read, but our previous attempt to ride to the Grand Canyon was ended when our bike broke down. This led to our buying the new bike, and now we're anxious to get back on the road. We leave in early Sept of a trip to Nashville, then a meandering trip home, possible following the Natchez Trace. I only blog while we actively involved in a trip, so there are long dry spells. I do check in to see how your two are doing, and where you latest adventure has taken you. Drop us an occasional line, hope you enjoy our bike trips.

      Delete