Tuesday, July 29, 2014

All good things must end.

For those who didn't read our Facebook entry, we've decided to head back home.

Awoke this morning, mentally ready to ride to Colorado.  But I checked the weather first and we quickly changed our mind.  Severe thunder storms and flooding from Taos north into Colorado.  This is no weather to ride a bike in, so we let common sense prevail.

While riding the High Road to Taos yesterday, I mentioned to Sis that I would hate to be on one of these long, lonely, endless roads and get caught in a thunder storm.  There is no where to hide; no side roads, no gas stations, nothing.  Lightening is the scariest thing I know on a bike since we are so exposed.

With all of this in mind, we decided to head south and start our long trek home.  It should take us another week since we will stop in Cumming, GA and spend a day to two with our daughter.

Don't know if I will post anymore.  Guess it depends on what happens.  Hopefully no problems like last year.

Thanks everyone for your comments and emails, we really enjoyed hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment