This is taken in our driveway as we were leaving. Notice we're smiling!
And this was taken shortly before the one above. Donna (second from the left) had several of the neighbors over for breakfast, which gave us a chance to say goodbye to everyone. We are blessed to have fantastic neighbors. Thank you Donna, and everyone else.
We made it to Sis' cousin in Jacksonville about 12:30. Eat a little lunch and started for Georgia. Everything went pretty well, until I discovered that I'd set the GPS to avoid Interstates, so instead of I-10 to I-75, we wound around the back roads of GA for several hours. By the time I realized the problem we were pretty far from any Interstate, so we just plowed on. Actually swam on would be more accurate. Torrential rains tried to drown us, but we got our rain gear on in time and didn't get too wet.
Just as we made it to I-75 I noticed a new Best Western to my right and we pulled in and got a very nice room on the first floor. I walked out front to move our bike and found this:
We weren't the only ones looking for a dry spot. These were a great bunch of guys and we had a good time talking bikes and highways. Since it was still raining, we called Domino's Pizza and stayed in to watch a little TV and get to sleep early.
Tomorrow morning is also going to be rainy, but we'll be on I-75 which is a lot safer than back roads, as I think I mentioned in another post.
So, that's a brief synopsis of our day. Are we going to make it all the way -- who knows, but right now we feel pretty good.
Cheers,
m&s
How wonderful of Donna having a bon voyage breakfast, in your honor. She's a lovely lady. We enjoyed meeting her and spending too little time together. Perhaps next visit will offer another opportunity to be together, again. Hope so! It's ashame that it had to rain, on your first day of travel, but you were prepared. Sounds like you're enjoying yourselves already, just by meeting up with fellow bikers. Thanks for taking the time to blog and taking pictures. It certainly adds to your blog. Till next blog, take care, be safe and have fun!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Donna. It is pretty cold here in Atlanta and we're wondering if we didn't start this trip too early. We are resting tomorrow and will see how we feel. Sis really suffered with the cold today, and it looks like it will continue. We'll see...
ReplyDelete